Junior Retoucher & Designer
- New York, New York, United States
We’re looking for a junior retoucher and designer to join our Proper Cloth art team. Daily tasks will include retouching product images, designing advertisements, and working on our social media. The right candidate is passionate about photography + design and eager to learn and become the best retoucher and designer they can. You’ll work in tandem with retouchers, designers, and our Head of Photography everyday. We expect an attitude of ‘no task too small, none too large.’
This is a full-time position. You’ll work out of our headquarters in NYC.
- Work side-by-side with photographers, and our Head of Photography in the creation, and retouching of product images for our website.
- Assist our senior editor with retouching of branded campaign images.
- Prepare images for print.
- Retouch product flat images to ensure color accuracy and balance.
- Develop digital advertisements, and execute variants based on analytic feedback
- Contribute to social media team
- We are OK with a recent graduate who studied photography at an arts institute.
- Knowledge of digital photography systems.
- Understanding of photography editing principles and retouching basics.
- Understanding of graphic design and typography.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Bridge, and In-Design.
- Bonus if you know After Effects and Premiere.
- Bonus if you have experience with video.
- A positive attitude and an eagerness to learn is a must.
- Submit your portfolio for review.